Coworking is a relatively new thing, and while you might be acquainted with the concepts of coworking, (collaboration, networking, productivity, community and more!), you might wonder what coworking really looks like in practice. Here’s a rundown of some common events in a coworking space on a day-to-day basis:
- Coworkers come in bright and early to start the day (or not). One of the best things about coworking at Treehaus is that the space is there when you need it, and if you’re feeling a bit under the weather, you can stay home and work in your pajamas. Don’t expect to find many people at Treehaus in the morning if it’s raining, windy, or snowing outside!
- We have night owls here. Some of our members work 9-5 jobs, and then work on their own projects at Treehaus after hours. We’re a 24/7 space for our members. Don’t be surprised if you see lights on inside Treehaus in the middle of the night!
- Coffee breaks are frequent. We love coffee here at Treehaus, and although we have three different coffee machines in the kitchen, there are just too many delicious cafes in the area to pass up! We make frequent coffee runs to Kava Bean, Café Pyrus, Matter of Taste and Williams—which are all just a few minutes from our front door!
- We love eating our lunches in the park. We just head straight out our back door, and we’re right in Victoria Park! If the weather’s nice, you’ll often find a Treehaus member sitting under the clock tower, or on a bench or picnic table, enjoying the great outdoors and bodacious community park.
- Our board members do it all. Our board members are volunteers, and coworkers just like you and me, plus their responsibilities extend far beyond the usual expectations of a “typical” board member. Replacing light bulbs, squashing ants and setting up new coffee makers are just a few of the tasks they take on to make sure members have what they need.
Make Treehaus your coworking spot. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and book a space tour with one of our board members!